Sourdough Rye Bread
Sourdough Rye Bread
Sourdough Rye Bread
Sourdough rye bread was created in the artisan bakery "Bryła" which has been operating for 37 years in Biłgoraj. It is baked from high-quality flour from Roztocze , which is made from good grain completely free from any impurities. Bread production is quite complex and multi-stage, ingredients are added to the dough, thanks to which the baked goods have rich taste and nutritional values.
Why is it worth including sourdough rye bread in your menu?
Sourdough rye bread has many positive properties that encourage its constant consumption. Here are some of its main advantages:
The fermentation process using rye sourdough helps break down bread ingredients such as starch and proteins into more digestible forms. This improves digestion as well as the absorption of nutrients.
Low glycemic index
Sourdough rye bread usually has a lower glycemic index than many other types of bread. This means it does not cause a spike in blood sugar, so it helps stabilize energy levels and control appetite.
Rich in nutrients
Rye bread is rich in various nutrients, such as fiber, B vitamins, minerals (e.g. iron, magnesium, phosphorus) and antioxidants. They are important for metabolic functions as well as the immune system.
Characteristic taste and aroma
The fermentation process using sourdough gives rye bread a unique taste and aroma, because it results from the action of fermentation microorganisms on the dough ingredients.
Possible better gluten tolerance
Rye bread contains less gluten than wheat, which may help people who are sensitive to this ingredient.
Due to the natural leavening and fermentation properties, sourdough rye bread can stay fresh longer than some other types of bread.
Impact on the intestinal microbiome
Rye sourdough, as a natural source of probiotic bacteria and yeast, can influence the health of the intestinal microbiome, which is associated with overall good health and functioning of the body.
How is sourdough rye bread made?
The process of baking sourdough rye bread is more time-consuming and requires some skill compared to traditional yeast bread, but it allows you to obtain a characteristic taste and aroma. This is a general outline of the process of making our bread:
- Preparing the leaven . Rye leaven is a mixture of rye flour and water that is left for several days in a warm place. Fermentation works on the principle of natural selection of microorganisms present in the environment and on the flour.
- Preparing the dough . In a large vessel, a certain amount of whole-grain rye flour is mixed with rye leaven and water. A small amount of salt and gradually water are added to the mixture, because its amount depends on the moisture content of the flour.
- Autolysis . The dough is left for a period of time to allow for autolysis, a process in which the enzymes in the flour begin to break down the starch into simpler sugars. This improves the structure of the dough because it facilitates fermentation.
- Fermentation . The leftover dough is carefully controlled for both temperature and humidity. During this process, bacteria and yeast produce lactic acid and carbon dioxide, which gives the bread its characteristic taste, aroma and structure.
- Formation and subsequent fermentation . After the first fermentation is completed, the dough is formed into a bread shape and placed in molds. A second, shorter fermentation occurs to complete the rising of the bread.
- Baking . The bread is baked in a preheated oven, so the high temperature further activates the yeast and bacteria and creates a crispy crust on the surface of the bread.
- Cooling and ready bread . After baking, the bread is removed from the oven and left to cool.
Sourdough rye bread - composition
|- rye leaven|
|- partially roasted rye flour|
|- mature leaven|
|- acetic acid|
Sourdough rye bread from the "Bryła" bakery
The bread we offer was made in the family bakery "Bryła", which has been operating for 37 years in Biłgoraj in the Lublin region. It is baked using a traditional method just before shipping. The order processing time is from 3 to 5 business days.
Note : If the order includes several products, shipping takes place after the longest deadline.
|lead time||3-5 business days|
|expiration date:||4 days from the date of shipment|